Why Get Great 4k Displays For Your Gaming and Work Set Up?
Among the must-haves for a home office or gaming rig is to have a decent external monitor to make the most out of your computer experience.
Other than offering bright, clear colors, some of the best 4K monitors even come with ultra-wide aspect ratios and curved screens to make the viewing experience all the more comfortable.
With so many different models available on the market, it can get a little complicated to pick the top 4K monitor in Malaysia. In today’s review guide, we will be going through some of the best 4K monitors that you can get your hands on now.
Related Articles That You Might Find Helpful:
- Best Gaming Laptop Malaysia [Awesome Price 2021]
- Best Gaming Chair in Malaysia (2021 Reviews)
- VR Headset Malaysia 2021: For PC, PS4, and Phones
How To Choose The Best 4K Monitor?
What Do You Plan to Use it For? Are You Gaming?
Certain 4K monitors are designed for specific tasks. For example, gaming or video production work will require a monitor with quicker reaction times. Those working in graphic design and animation will want to have a screen with better resolution and color clarity.
What Size Do You Want?
Bigger doesn’t always mean better. If you want to keep your desk fairly open with more space around, then you might want to opt for a 4K monitor with smaller screens.
But if you work with multiple tabs and spreadsheets at the same time, then a larger screen display would be a good choice to improve efficiency, especially if you don’t want to keep clicking on Ctrl+Alt+Tab all the time.
An ultrawide 4K monitor can make a great alternative to dual monitors as it offers you the benefits of a wider screen without the annoying gaps and bezels.
Although ultrawide 4K screen setups are geared towards gamers and movie buffs, many creative professionals may also find it to be a useful device as the widescreen gives more display real estate to work with.
Curved or Flat Screens?
Flat screens are great for smaller desks and office space, but some may enjoy a curved screen since it dramatically improves viewing angles to deliver a much more immersive and comfortable experience.
These curved monitors may command a higher price tag but the reduced parallax distortion makes the screen appear much clearer.
What is The Best 4K Monitor Malaysia (Budget Friendly!)
Dell UltraSharp U3219Q 32 Inch
- Device: LED-backlit LCD monitor – 32″
- Features: USB 3.0 hub
- Panel: IPS
- Native Resolution: 4K 3840 x 2160 at 60 Hz
- Pixel Pitch: 0.182 mm
- Brightness: 400 cd/m²
- Contrast: 1300:1
- Response Time: 8 ms (normal); 5 ms (fast)
- Colour Support: 1.07 billion colours
- Input Connectors: HDMI, DisplayPort, USB-C
- Display Position Adjustments: Height, pivot (rotation), swivel, tilt
- Screen Coating: Anti-glare, 3H Hard Coating
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 71.25 cm x 22 cm x 46.873 cm
- Environmental Standards: TCO Certified Screens 8
- Compliant Standards: DisplayPort 1.4, HDCP 2.2
Looking for a business-pro-monitor that delivers outstanding screen performance with a number of adjustment options to fit any desk. With InfinityEdge feature, the 4K monitor lets you enjoy an expansive edge-to-edge viewing experience that you can pivot, tilt, swivel, and adjust to your preference.
The monitor also comes with predefined templates with the Easy Arrange feature on the Dell Display Manager software where you can choose to tilt and arrange your applications faster with Auto-Restore that remembers where you left off.
With Picture-in-Picture (PIP) and Picture-By-Picture (PBP) functions, this monitor makes it easy for multitaskers to view and control their content from multiple sources simultaneously without having to slow down their day-to-day work efficiency.
The monitor features an UltraHD 4K display with an impressive color depth of 1.07 billion colours to show you every aspect of your creative work or game in complete detail.
The images shine through just like how they were meant to on the 31.5” 4K Ultra HD monitor with VESA certified DisplayHDR 400. The 4K monitor is also calibrated at 99% sRGB coverage for precise hues and lifelike color right out of the box.
- Crisp, clear images with HDR color profiles.
- Excellent build quality and design.
- Superb adjustment options for ergonomics.
- Solid brightness specs.
- Low input lag.
- Poor dark scene performance.
- Backlight might flicker.
BenQ PD3200U Designer Monitor
- Screen Size: 32 inch
- Panel Type: IPS
- Backlight Technology: LED backlight
- Resolution (max.): 3840×2160
- Brightness (typ.): 250 nit
- Native Contrast: 1000:1
- Viewing Angle (L/R) (CR>=10): 178/178
- Response Times (GtG): 4ms
- Refresh Rate (Hz): 60
- Color Gamut: 100% Rec.709 ,100% sRGB
- Display Colors: 1.07 billion colours
- PPI: 138
- Display Screen Coating: Anti-Glare
Have multiple spreadsheets and tabs opened at the same time and don’t wanna squint? Then the 32 inches BenQ PD3200U is the right 4K UHD screen for you.
This 4K (3840 x 2160 pixels) resolution monitor is also increasingly viable for many other people to handle both business and pleasure.
The 4K monitor is designed to look simple yet elegant with work and productivity in mind. The thin bezels surrounding the monitor reduces the 21-inch screen’s actual footprint without taking up an inordinate amount of space.
The monitor also comes with a handy KVM (Keyboard Video Mouse) switch that lets you switch between two PCs with just a single monitor, keyboard, and mouse for enhanced productivity.
The monitor was designed for professionals that place a large emphasis on color accuracy at any angle. With 100% sRGB color gamut and Rec 709, this monitor is the perfect choice for video production and technical illustrations with CAD programs.
With BenQ’s exclusive eye-care technology and blue light filter, the PD3200U 4K monitor lets you work in comfort as it helps you reduce eye fatigue to stay productive all day.
The resolution of the monitor is equivalent to four 1080p screens to give you plenty of working space without the fuss of using four separate screens.
All in all, the BenQ PD3200U is a brilliantly designed, large screen with a contrast ratio of 1000:1 to improve work productivity. The monitor is great for showing off media and games in 4K resolution so you won’t miss anything.
- 4K UHD resolution
- Big size, might need wider desk space
Acer Predator XB273K
- Panel & Backlight: IPS with Advanced Hyper Viewing Angle (AHVA), Quantum Dot LED, edge array
- Screen Size: 27 inches
- Refresh Rate: 144Hz; G-Sync: 24-144Hz
- Native Color Depth & Gamut: 10-bit (8-bit+FRC) / DCI-P3, HDR10, DisplayHDR 400
- Response Time (GTG): 4ms
- Brightness: SDR – 350 nits; HDR – 400 nits
- Contrast: SDR: 1,000:1; HDR: 4,000:1
- Speakers: 2x 4w
- Video Inputs: 1x DisplayPort 1.4; 1x HDMI 2.0
- Audio: 3.5mm headphone output
- USB: 3.0: 1x up, 4x down
- Power Consumption: 43w, brightness @ 200 nits
- Panel Dimensions(WxHxD with base): 24.8 x 17.4-21.3 x 12.1 inches / 630 x 442-541 x 307mm
- Panel Thickness: 3.4 inches / 86mm
- Bezel Width: Top/sides: 0.6 inches / 15mm; Bottom: 0.9 inches / 23mm
- Weight: 15.9 pounds / 7.3kg
The Acer Predator 4K monitor ticks all the right boxes if all you want is a gaming monitor. For starters, the monitor has a stunning 26-inch screen that supports Nvidia G-sync with 4ms gray-to-gray response time.
Unlike how many other gaming monitors do, the Predator XB273K is conservatively styled with just a few small logos. Underneath the front edge of the panel is an LED lighting feature. The display also has a well-built stand that lets you swivel or tilt to your liking.
Despite the anti-glare layer, the monitor has a 400-nit peak white level backlight that delivers impressive gaming visuals while the 144 Hz refresh rate ensures smooth pictures no matter how action-packed the visuals are.
Acer has also engineered an effective variable dimming feature to quadruple the 4K monitor’s contrast ratio.
Overall, the 4K monitor eschews full-array backlight and 1,000 nits peak brightness to deliver stunning gaming performance and professional-level color accuracy.
This 4K monitor displays a wide color gamut to sit at the top of the list of the top preferred gaming monitors.
- Stunning image quality with excellent picture detail
- Smooth performance with good menu options
- Ergonomic design with rich connectivity options
- Design lacks pivot option
- DP 1.4 limitations
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 24.1 in x 8.2 in x 17.9 in – with stand
- Display Type: LED-backlit LCD monitor / TFT active matrix
- Native Resolution: 4K 3840 x 2160 at 60 Hz
- Contrast Ratio: 1000:1
- Horizontal Viewing Angle: 178
- Vertical Viewing Angle: 178
- Viewable Size: 27″
- Pixel Pitch: 0.1554 mm
- Panel: IPS
- Brightness: 350 cd/m²
- Screen Coating: Anti-glare, 3H Hard Coating
Need the perfect gaming monitor so you can enjoy your favorite Xbox One X games? Then the LG 27UK600-W is a highly loved choice thanks to its impressively low input lag and fast response times for super-smooth gameplay.
Just like most 4K screens, the gaming monitor is based on an IPS panel with 10-bit color depth, 99% sRGB color gamut, 1000:1 contrast, and 350-nit peak brightness to deliver stunning image quality and performance. While the contrast isn’t as high, you do get more accurate and consistent colors.
With the support for FreeSync technology and quick response time speed of 5ms (GtG), the feature virtually eliminates display tearing and stuttering so fast-moving objects will appear fluid and in high resolution.
Furthermore, it has wide view angles so the images on-screen appear accurate when viewed from the side, making this the ideal monitor for co-op gaming.
- Vibrant and consistent colors
- Sharp and vivid details
- Low input lag and quick response time
- AMD FreeSync
- Stand lacks swivel option
- No wide color gamut
- The low contrast ratio for HDR
- Display: 28 in, TN, W-LED
- Viewing angles: 170 / 160
- Brightness: 370 cd/m2
- Static contrast: 1000:1
- Refresh rate: 24 Hz – 75 Hz
- sRGB: 98%
- Adobe RGB: 67%
- NTSC: 72%
- Dimensions: 660.9 x 380.3 x 73.5mm
- Weight: 4.7kg
The monitor displays 4K content with crisp details and amazing color accuracy at a price tag that won’t break the bank. Featuring AMD FreeSYnc support and a fast response rate time of 1 ms, the monitor lets users enjoy stutter-free and fluid motion in fast-paced games.
The monitor even comes with Picture-In-Picture (PIP) 2.0 technology that lets you watch a movie or video in one window while staying on top of productivity-based tasks.
The monitor also has a Game Mode that’s optimized for gaming settings to deliver a vivid and immersive display experience.
For PC use, you need to keep in mind that the Samsung monitor will require scaling due to its high pixel density as certain applications do not scale as well.
Besides support for 10-bit color depth via dithering and 4K resolution, the monitor boasts a peak luminance of 370-nits to ensure the picture appears bright and clear, even in well-lit rooms.
The Samsung LU28E590DS monitor is one of the most affordable 4K ULtra HD monitors you can get your hands on.
The monitor delivers an image quality that will draw more attention thanks to its ability to display over a billion colors, a rapid 1 ms response time, and AMD Freesync support.
- Crisp and bright image quality
- 1ms response time speed
- AMD FreeSync
- Displays over 1 billion colors
- Tilt-only design
- Narrow viewing angles
- Inferior image quality to IPS and VA panels
Conclusion: Once You Go 4K HDR, You Never Go Back
Picking out the right monitor is not rocket science but it is still important for you to consider a few aspects before deciding on which is the right one to get.
Do you plan to use this as a gaming monitor? For work? As well as how much space do you have on the desk? We hope today’s review guide today on 4K screens has given you enough information on how to pick the right one that meets your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is a 4K monitor worth it for everyday use?
Yes, a 4K monitor may be a worth it investment for professional and everyday purposes. The high pixel count also means you get to enjoy more detail and clarity for your favorite TV shows, movies, and games. There’s also more screen real estate for your spreadsheets and web-surfing.
What is the optimum size for 4K?
The optimum size for 4K is 3840×2160 pixels with an aspect of 16:9 to give you the most space and optimal size for your contents while dividing up the screen area.